teach me your ways!
Dash is filled with Black women tonight and all this beauty is overwhelming!
this is some of the most beautiful hair and makeup i’ve seen. rock on, lady. rock on.
I love my skin!
Oh my god SO IMPORTANT SO SO SO IMPORTANT
Why say “ding dong you are wrong” when you could say “eggs and bacon you’re mistaken”
*bangs fist on table* I WANT COLD WEATHER
one sentence horror story: “seems like we’re the last two people on earth, m’lady”
1. I asked my husband where the children were and he gave me the strangest look.
2. It’s been at least three days now since I’ve realized people are avoiding eye contact with me and I don’t know why.
3. My hands are cold but hers are colder.
4. “Are you familiar with the story of the changeling?”, my mother asked as she drew my bath.
5. One fine summer day the wind stopped.
1. Grandmother told me it was the wind that was wailing and I didn’t have the heart to tell her that when the wind wailed it was calling her name.
2. “Count the shadows that pass by your door,” Father told me the day after he died.
3. It was the strangest thing to watch Mother as she took off her face for the evening, one stitch at a time.
4. The cat yowled quite loudly and I spun in my chair, looking for its corpse.
5. When my sister found me, she was quite surprised to find that I had somehow regained my head.
~press your space face close to mine, love~
Ellie is that you you sneaky devil.
7. Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
Okay here goes.
When she first hears the news, she thinks that Rhodey’s overreacting. After all, it’s just like Tony to pull a disappearing act while he’s abroad to avoid some meeting or function back in the States. It doesn’t matter how many times she’s simply rescheduled or made it clear that he’s not going to get out of it—he still hides under the covers like a child dreading a test. She smiles in a brittle sort of way as she remembers the day she actually found him curled up under the covers, catlike and contrary, and had to coerce him out with—
Rhodey repeats himself. “Pepper,” he says, and his voice cracks like he’s holding back tears. She doesn’t think she’s ever heard Rhodey so close to crying. “We can’t find him. His humvee got creamed and we can’t find him.”
She hears him. It’s not like she doesn’t hear him, because she does. But for some reason the image of Tony in his bed won’t leave her mind—she can see him, legs tucked up to his stomach and hands clutching the sheet to his chest even as she tries to tug it away. She can hear his voice, grunting in frustration and whining when she manages to wrest the covers from his grip. She can remember how hard it had been to stay angry with him as he nuzzled his head back into his pillow and stoutly ignored all of her threats. She can almost—almost—
“It’s going to be okay,” she hears herself saying. She doesn’t remember giving her mouth the command to move, but it’s going as if she did. “We’re going to find him. You’re going to find him. It’s Tony, Rhodey. He’s going to be okay.”
He hangs up shortly after to start organizing more search parties. She walks calmly into the bathroom and vomits until her throat is raw.
It’s from my fanfiction Inches on ao3. I’m just really proud of how I portrayed Pepper’s shock, the dissociation, because that’s how I tend to deal with it.
8. Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
Darcy comes marching into the lab a few days after that and spots him sitting next to Bruce.
“You!” she yells, pointing at him. For a moment, he’s actually frightened by the look on her face. The last time someone was this angry at him was—okay, it was with Pepper this morning, but she was also naked and so that kind of detracted from the scary. Darcy just looks furious. “You completeASSHOLE!”
She slaps a large sheet of paper down on the table and for a moment he’s unable to comprehend what he’s seeing. Darcy crosses her arms over her chest with a huff as he examines it. On first glance, it looks like a crude blueprint of Stark—er, Avengers Tower. His eyebrows climb up his forehead, though, when he sees the title of the document.
“Velociraptor Escape Plan?” he says, disbelieving even as he reads it again. “You have a velociraptor escape plan?”
Bruce is looking it over now, nodding at some points and frowning at others. “This is actually… scarily thought out.”
“A velociraptor escape plan,” Tony says again. He looks up at Darcy, expecting to see her laughing her ass off or at the very least smirking. Her face is set in a deadly serious expression. “Jurassic Park did a number on you, didn’t it?” He looks down at the notes scrawled messily in the margins of the blueprint, detailing different plans to get out of the building. His mouth drops open. “I die in plan G?”
Darcy waves him off. “Yes, but it’s all heroic and manly because you save Pepper and your unborn child.”
“In plan G,” Bruce says, having reached that point. He skims further. “And in plan L. And N, O, and P.”
From my fic Man’s Best Friend on ao3. It’s pure and utter crack and I love it to death.
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
Absolutely. It’s called the love triangle and I hate it with a passion. You will never, never, see me writing someone who is conflicted between feelings for two people. Anyone in love with the OTP quickly realizes that the OTP is endgame and they cannot win. I understand that feelings happen in real life but I hate when a character is torn between two love interests in a story so I’ll never write it if I can help it.
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
So many. So many. Like wow too many.
Ummmmm if we’re talking about an idea I haven’t shared with JD yet… well there’s her birthday fic. But I can’t share that because she can’t know. Oh! Okay, there’s a soulmates AU I was planning for Harry Potter. It was gonna be like a collection of oneshots of the Dramione and Harmony persuasion about different ways it could work. Because I love JD but I also can’t let go of my Harmony.
foods dangerous to dogs:
- raw bread dough
- grapes and raisins
- onions and garlic
- macadamia nuts
- raw salmon
- xylitol (artificial sweeteners)
if you have a dog please reblog this